Lattice Training aims to uphold the highest standards of coaching and our technology is a key driver of this. As an Assistant Software Developer you will be instrumental in pushing Lattice forward.
We are looking for a part-time Assistant Software Engineer to become part of our fast growing company aiming to provide the best coaching services available.
Starting Date: April 2020
Hours: Minimum of 16 hours spread over 2-3 days/week to be confirmed by agreement
Location: Chesterfield, UK.
Contract type: 3 month fixed term contract initially with the possibility of a permanent position
Periods of remote work/working from home are possible upon discussion.
Pay: £10 per hour (upwards rates based on experience and contract duration)
Holiday: 28 days pro rata plus 4 public holidays
Role (Training provided):
- Build, manage and maintain in-house software
- Manage servers and other hardware
- Manage and maintain website
- (Essential) Degree in computer science, maths, physics, engineering or similar.
- (Essential) Programming experience. This role is ideal for a software engineer with 1-2 years experience.
- (Desirable) Familiarity with MS SQL Server.
- (Desirable) Familiarity with git.
- (Desirable) Familiarity with windows and linux based operating systems.
- (Desirable) Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
- (Desirable) Experience of server-side programming
- Focused & diligent. The tools you will build and maintain are relied upon by all our staff so reliability and robustness are a key focus.
- Ability to work remotely for periods of time.
- Flexible working hours subject to discussion.
- Free access to a private climbing wall (Lattice lock up in Chesterfield).
- Free access to coaching support.
- Invitation to Lattice climbing events.
If you are interested, please email your CV and a short covering letter setting out why you are applying for this position, why you would like to work for us, and what you think you’d bring to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th February 2020.