Job Advert: Coaches
Lattice Training is hiring new coaches!
As a company we pride ourselves on providing the highest standards of coaching to all athletes, from keen amateur to elite level climbers. Our coaches work as a close team, collaborating on a weekly basis to provide the best possible internal education and learning environment where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. We believe that by working together we can learn the most and offer the best services possible to all the athletes working with us.
We have two different roles available. Please see the details of each role below.
September 20th 2021
8-24 hours per week negotiable based on role and applicant experience.
Role 1: Performance coaching plan and Crimpd based training plan coach (18-24 hours per week).
Role 2: Crimpd based training plan coach (8-15 hours per week).
In both roles a coach is expected to create training programs for online delivery, communicate with clients both in person and using online platforms, deliver physical assessments, contribute to Lattice Training social media and online education, and contribute to internal coach education and resources.
Location: Chesterfield, UK
Successful applicants must be able to regularly attend our training facility in Chesterfield. Although Zoom is great, we find that our education, training, and content development sessions are most effective when done in person. Although some home and remote working is permitted, all coaches are expected to attend our training facility in person. Fuel expenses are not paid by the company for this attendance.
Pay: £12.50 per hour, starting rate.
Holiday: 28 days pro rata
Essential qualifications and experience:
- You must be a passionate climber with more than 3 years personal training history.
- You must also have one or more of the following attributes;
-An undergraduate degree or higher in a relevant sport or science-based subject.
-Be an elite level climber with experience climbing and training for international competitions and/or climbs of V11/8b/E8 or higher.
-Have a coaching history of more than 5 years in climbing which includes working with high level competitive or outdoor climbers.
-Have a coaching history within another elite sport of more than 10 years.
- All applicants must be able to communicate training ideas and principles clearly in person and in written format. Applicants will be asked to present to the coaching team as part of the interview process and as part of their coaching role at Lattice.
- All applicants must be computer literate with the ability to use Google and Microsoft applications.
- Ability to work remotely for periods of time whilst away climbing (by prior agreement once initial training has been completed satisfactorily).
- Flexible working hours by prior agreement.
- Free access to a private climbing wall (Lattice Lock up in Chesterfield).
- Invitation to Lattice climbing events
- Invitation to Lattice company holidays.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we believe in building a culture of respect and appreciation so that all of our people have an opportunity to reach their full potential. Lattice provides training products and services to climbers all around the world, and we believe that diversity brings different perspectives which benefit our customers, our community and our people. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and any other protected characteristic.
If you are interested, please email your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in this role and how you meet the essential requirements for the role to [email protected] by 25th July 2021.