Lattice Training is Hiring an App Developer!
As a progressive climbing company we pride ourselves on providing the highest standards of support for the climbing community through coaching, products and education. We work with all athletes, from keen amateurs to elite level climbers.
We are looking to expand our development team with a front end developer who will be responsible for the Lattice Training app. We need a developer who is experienced in using React Native and TypeScript, and you’ll also be confident working on iOS and Android apps.
A developer joining the Lattice team will have the opportunity to work with a group of highly motivated developers and climbing coaches and have control over technical aspects of the Lattice Training app. Lattice offers a flexible working environment with excellent remote working and flexi time opportunities.
Employment type: Permanent.
Start date: September, 2022.
Hours: 30 to 37.5 hrs/week.
Location: Our office is located in Chesterfield, UK. Although home and remote working is possible we do ask all staff to regularly attend our offices in the UK.
Pay: £30-35k pro rata depending on experience.
Holiday: 28 days pro rata + 4 public holidays.
- Short (1-2 hours) practical programming task
- Second interview with discussion of your solution to the programming task
What you’ll be doing with us:
- Developing and maintaining the Lattice Training app on iOS and Android
- Working closely with clients and coaches to spec, build and release new features
- Working closely with the backend team to develop and maintain the Lattice Training app
- Managing the app release process through the App store and Play store
Other key duties:
- Act as an ambassador for Lattice;
- Contribute to large team meetings to be involved with guiding the direction of the company;
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience using React Native to build apps for iOS and Android
- Some experience with firebase
- Experience with Git version control
- Ability to gather requirements for, specify and build out new features
- Ability to build and release apps to the App store and Play store
Desirable skills and experience:
- Familiarity with Python and Flask
- Familiarity with PHP and WordPress
- Familiarity with AWS and GCP
- Familiarity with MS SQL Server
Who are Lattice Training?
Lattice is a fast paced, UK based climbing business that works with clients and businesses around the world. Our main office is in Chesterfield, on the edge of the Peak District National Park, where we also have climbing and training facilities on site. Since 2015, we have grown quickly, breaking industry ceilings to meet the demands of the community.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we believe in building a culture of respect and appreciation so that all of our people have an opportunity to reach their full potential. Lattice believes that diversity brings different perspectives which benefit our customers, our community and our people. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and any other protected characteristic.
Culture first. The Lattice team culture is a priority in any business decision we make and is at that heart of everything we do. We encourage everyone to learn and develop with the freedom to self direct their careers. We ask that every member of the team is positive, supportive of others and willing to take risks and be bold with their goals.
Community is key. Lattice has developed a community of climbers from around the world who are passionate for learning, training and performance. Within our own team we take a similar approach ensuring the working environment is not only productive but also an exciting and enjoyable place to be. We work together, climb together and socialise together to keep a close community feel.
We all matter. At Lattice everyone’s voice is heard. We share important company decisions with the whole team and offer everyone a chance to help direct the company vision and lead projects that are important to them. Every member of the team is accountable for their own work but everyone is given the chance to share this with the whole team.
We will always push boundaries. Lattice has always been at the forefront of training knowledge, product development and climbing research. We want to continue to be a leading player in the development of climbing, the science of the sport leading change from the front of the pack. We take risks and dream big, and ask our team to do the same.
A climbing company run by climbers. We are a very flexible employer because we know how important our passions (especially climbing!) are to our team. We understand that trips, good conditions and climbing projects provide energy, so we encourage everyone to make the most of their free time. We allow our employees to set their own working hours, provide flexi time and remote working to help support this even further.
That’s us. As well as an awesome team and the chance to work on some pretty exciting projects, here are some of the other great benefits that we offer:
- Competitive salary;
- Auto-enrollment pension scheme;
- Flexi time working week;
- Remote working policy / working from home;
- Monthly team lunches;
- Access to private training facility;
- Free training plan support and testing from the coaching team;
- Personal goal setting and coaching support from the head coaches for any climbing or training focus;
- Regular Lattice social events;
- Access to trade accounts and discounts for equipment;
- Staff clothing.
If this job sounds like it is made for you, please email your CV with a covering letter explaining why you are interested, how you meet the requirements for this role and details of any other skills and qualifications that you may have to [email protected] by 10th of July 2022.