The WTS is a collaborative event focused specifically on training for female climbers. Our aim is to give participants specific and actionable training knowledge and guidance whilst also seeking to cultivate and progress our understanding of female athletic performance in climbing.
What to expect
Lattice has teamed up with the University of Derby and other expert coaches to provide a full day event, which will include:
- Strength, fitness and body composition testing with the University of Derby – each participant will have the option to test themselves and find out their strengths and weaknesses
- Goal setting and the power of habit; a discussion group and talk with Mina Leslie-Wujastyk
- Practical workshops:
- Weightlifting for climbing including guidance on strength training & menstrual cycles
- Power endurance – pumped or powered out; getting the feeling right
- Nutrition for peak performance and the female athlete triad
- Core training with an Olympic and world champion female diver.