Table of Contents
Lattice Training Ltd provides in person flexibility training workshops to climbers including coaching, physical training and physical assessments on these Terms of Service and no other terms. As most sport and exercise-related activities involve a risk to the participant, the risks and responsibilities to you are described in detail.
We ask that any participant who receives any in person flexibility training services from Lattice Training Ltd (“you”) agrees to be bound by these Terms of Service and any document referenced within them, including but not limited to any pre-assessment or pre-workshop questionnaires or any other documents we ask you to complete.
Our contract is with you as the participant and you may not transfer your rights under it to anyone else.
You must be at least 18 years old to place an order for a flexibility workshop.
If you are unsure about anything in these Terms of Service or do not agree to any of them then you must contact Lattice Training Ltd before receiving any service from us ([email protected]).
These Terms of Service, and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of England and Wales.
Each party irrevocably agrees that (except where you are a consumer living in Scotland or Northern Ireland) the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms of Service or the subject matter or formation of this contract between the parties. Nothing in this clause shall limit the right of Lattice Training Limited to issue or take proceedings against you in any other court of competent jurisdiction, nor shall the taking of proceedings in any one or more jurisdictions preclude the taking of proceedings in any other jurisdictions, whether concurrently or not, to the extent permitted by the law of such other jurisdiction.
Flexibility Workshop Sessions
Lattice Training hosts in person flexibility workshops. Details regarding our workshops and the services we will provide, along with upcoming workshop dates, are described on our website.
We use reasonable care and skill in relation to the provision of in-person flexibility services. If you do not comply with your responsibilities, then we may not be in a position to comply with our responsibilities and/or our compliance may be delayed.
Suitability for participation with services and acceptance of associated risks
None of the coaches at Lattice Training Ltd are medical professionals and we do not give medical advice. No recommendations given by our coaches or other staff, either on our website, social media channels or via email or other communication, is intended to construe a diagnosis or treatment for a medical condition.
In order for you to receive any service from Lattice Training Ltd we must receive the following from you before providing any services:
- Confirmation that you have not been advised by a qualified medical professional to refrain from any flexibility or other physical training-related activities.
- Confirmation that you are not aware of or ought reasonably to be aware of any injury and/or health-related issues which will or may increase the risk of participation in any flexibility or other physical training activities.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY ACTIVITY ASSOCIATED WITH LATTICE TRAINING LTD’s FLEXIBILITY SERVICES:
- MAY TEST YOUR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL LIMITS;
- CARRIES WITH IT THE POTENTIAL FOR DEATH, SERIOUS INJURY, MINOR INJURY AND ADVERSE EFFECTS TO MENTAL HEALTH – THIS INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO SOFT TISSUE INJURIES WHICH ARE COMMON IN CLIMBING AND TRAINING FOR CLIMBING, PARTICULARLY TO THE FINGERS, ELBOWS AND SHOULDERS. THE RISKS (WHICH ARE NOT WITHIN OUR CONTROL) INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: TEMPERATURE, LACK OF HYDRATION, EQUIPMENT, THE UNSUITABILITY OF YOUR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL CONDITION, AND THE ACTIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO OTHER PARTICIPANTS. FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING INJURY TRENDS IN CLIMBING, PLEASE SEE THIS ARTICLE HERE – HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF POTENTIAL INJURIES AND RISK OF OCCURRENCE WHILST CLIMBING OR TRAINING.
- MAY REQUIRE YOU TO USE YOUR EXPERIENCE AND JUDGEMENT IN APPLYING OUR ADVICE AND INSTRUCTIONS TO YOUR FLEXIBILITY TRAINING; AND
- BRINGS TO YOU A RESPONSIBILITY TO NOTIFY US OF ANY RELEVANT CHANGE IN YOUR PHYSICAL AND/OR MENTAL CONDITION WHICH INCLUDES ANY ONSET OF INJURY OR RECURRENCE OF ANY PREVIOUS INJURY.
YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE ONLY RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR FACILITIES AND OUR STAFF AND THAT ANY RIGHT OF ACTION THAT YOU HAVE MAY BE AGAINST SOMEONE OTHER THAN US, FOR EXAMPLE, ANOTHER PARTICIPANT.
YOU FURTHER AGREE TO COMPLY WITH ALL ADVICE AND INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN BY LATTICE TRAINING LTD (AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES) IN THE COURSE OF PROVIDING OUR FLEXIBILITY SERVICES OR TO NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY IF YOU CANNOT COMPLY. YOU ALSO AGREE TO PROVIDE FEEDBACK AS REQUESTED BY US. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOU FAILING TO MEET YOUR OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PARAGRAPH.
Photographs and videos taken during the workshop
While receiving services from us you may be photographed and/or filmed for the purposes of delivering assessment and coaching feedback. Any photographs or films taken by us of you will not be published publicly without your prior consent.
You must be injury free in order to attend our flexibility workshop. If you incur an injury or potential injury either before or during the workshop you must:
- seek appropriate medical advice;
- notify the Lattice Training team as soon as possible;
- cease to participate in all activities associated with those services;
- only resume those activities when you have been cleared by a medical professional to participate in those activities and only resume training once you have received notification from a member of the Lattice Training coaching team that this is appropriate.
We own (or are licensed to use) all intellectual property rights in our website and in the flexibility services that we provide to you (including all deliverables, such as seminar handouts and assessment feedback). You are entitled to use these intellectual property rights to the extent necessary to make personal use of our services, but no exclusive rights are granted to you. You are responsible for protecting those rights on our behalf.
Please note that our prices do change from time to time and that the price we charge you for a particular flexibility workshop will be the price advertised on our website on the day of purchase.
Cancellation and Termination
Once you have paid for a flexibility workshop you are able to cancel the contract up to 21 days before the workshop is scheduled to take place and you will receive a full refund. To cancel, please send an email to [email protected]. If you cancel within 21 days of the first day of the workshop we are unable to offer any refund unless the service we provide is faulty. Nothing in this contract affects your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law. If you believe that the services we have provided to you are faulty, please contact us by emailing [email protected]
We may terminate the contract or (at our option) suspend the provision of our services during the contract if:
- We do not meet a minimum number of 6 participants for the workshop. If we terminate this agreement as a result of not meeting this minimum number, you will receive a full refund of the sums you have paid for the workshop within 14 days of the date we notify you of the same; or
- We do not receive from you any payment that is due to us.