Sport climbing is a complex discipline to train for because peak performance requires the ideal balance between strength and fitness, both achieved at the right time of year. With 1000s of clients around the world trusting our sports science know-how and experience in training up some of the world’s best climbers, we’re able to build you a personalised plan to put you in the best position to send your projects.
Before starting on a Sport Climbing Plan, we’ll first put you through a mini-assessment so that we can objectively measure your strengths and weaknesses. We’ll also ask you for details about your goals, training history, available facilities, desired training days, etc. Once we have this information we’ll sit down and write you a 12-week plan that is uniquely tailored to you and your goals.
Your Sport Climbing Training Plan is powered entirely through our Crimpd App, a portal for holding both the training plan, training sessions and your training log. This means you can leverage the best analytics platform for your climbing training and track progress over the weeks. By purchasing the Sport Climbing Training Plan you are getting access to our team of highly experienced plan writers who will schedule your training to target the results of your assessment and details of your goals to help you become a stronger and fitter route climber.
- 20mm flat edge e.g. Lattice Training Rung or Beastmaker 1000 (bottom outer edges)
- Pull-up bar
- A Sling
- Pulley System (3 carabiners and a pulley)
- 2m Length of Rope
- Climbing Harness
- You must be uninjured to start a Sport Climbing Training Plan with us.
- Unfortunately, if you are pregnant we cannot offer assessment or training services because we aren’t insured for this. If you are currently pregnant please get in touch to discuss.
- You must be 18 or over.
- If you are not competent using a fingerboard, please seek instruction from a local climbing wall coach, until you feel competent to complete finger testing safely. You must be able to comfortably hang at bodyweight for 10 sec from a 20 mm edge.
- You must have climbed at least 6b+/10+ or V4 in the last year.
- You are solely responsible for the execution of the plan and we cannot accept any liability for injury sustained during the plan.
- You must have access to the Crimpd App on either iOS, Android or the website as this contains all the details of each training session.
- You must have an active Crimpd Account prior to submitting your results, so our coaching team can make your plan available to you on the app.
In order to purchase and use a Sport Climbing Training Plan, you will need to be injury-free. This means that you currently have no injury which could affect your ability to rock climb or train and have not been advised by a medical professional to cease climbing related activities.
The Lattice Team will be creating training plans based on the understanding that they are working with an un-injured climber. Starting any training, such as a Sport Climbing Plan, with an existing injury could result in further injury. If you mislead the Lattice Team regarding any climbing related injuries we reserve the right to withhold training services without refund.
Most physical training involves a risk of injury. The Lattice team will act as training plan consultants in order to help you schedule your training. The team cannot accept responsibility for the application of this training beyond prescription. Advice and guidance will be provided by the team regarding reducing risks, however, you should begin this process only if you are happy with taking responsibility for associated risks. Please see our terms of service for details.
Please note that your Sport Climbing Plan must be used within 6 months of purchase.