We introduce you to a new weekly YouTube series in which we answer your questions about climbing training. In this episode, we received six insightful questions covering the following topics:
- Finger strength and grip types – how to address finger strength against different holds, and the correlation to different types of grips.
- Base training vs. peak training – the importance of building a base level of training in order to maximise those peak weeks.
- Dinosaurs! – ok, this might not be about training, but it was just a bit of fun.
- Muscle groups – strength ratios between agonist and antagonist muscles.
- Recovery – important methods of recovery such as consistent sleeping and eating well for those marginal gains.
- Deloading – how often we should have a deload week in periods of base training and peak training.
Watch the video here!
Look out for Episode 2 coming soon!