Insights from the UK’s Projecting Experts
Roz is an experienced sport climber, having climbed multiple 8c routes and was the first British woman to flash 8a+ (Face de Rat, 8a+/5.13c, in Ceuse, France). Joined by, Jonny a renowned boulderer, who recently ticked his 5-year project that took him 110 sessions (The World is Yours, 8C/V15, in Biblins Cave, UK) showcasing his expertise in long-term projecting.
Their diverse backgrounds set the stage for an interesting conversation where the coaches share their distinct tactics and rituals for the crucial “send go!” Host and coach, Josh, explores the intricacies of bouldering while figuring out how many sessions is too little or too long to be considered a climb at your limit.
Other topics include:
- Unlocking the power of knowing your project’s finish
- Harnessing video beta to its maximum potential for accelerated learning
- Strategising for non-sending sessions
- Managing the mental demands of longer-term climbing projects
- Discover the crucial role of a supportive climbing partner in your success
And much more!
So if you want to know more on how to improve your projecting session, head over to our podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, and more!
The Lattice jingle is brought to you by Devin Dabney, music producer of the outdoor industry who also hosts the American Climbing Project.