We all know that climbing success on routes and boulders is massively affected by finger strength. We also understand that many of you have goals each season to get stronger fingers! For this reason, we’ve designed a finger strength assessment and custom training plan package that focuses solely on this area. We’ll take care of your fingerboard work and complimentary strength and conditioning for the shoulders, and you can complete your climbing sessions each week in a manner that you want. All we ask is that you prioritise our fingerboard work so that progress is assured.
Every climber has unique levels of finger strength, weaknesses and work capacity across a variety of grip positions. In our opinion, a generic finger training plan is unlikely to work for everyone, no matter how well constructed it is. This is why we write and assess every fingerboard training plan by hand.
Before starting on our fingerboard program, we’ll first put you through a mini-assessment that assesses both preferred and non-preferred grip positions. We will also measure sub-maximal work capacity and shoulder function. Following this, we collect details about your goals, training history, available facilities etc. Once we have this information we’ll sit down and write you a 3-month plan that is uniquely tailored to you!
The Lattice Fingerboard Training Plan is powered entirely through our Crimpd App, a portal for holding both the training plan, training sessions and your training log. This means you can leverage the best analytics platform for your climbing training and track progress over the weeks. By purchasing the Lite Plan you are getting access to our team of highly experienced plan writers who will schedule your training to target the results of your assessment and details of your goals to help you become a stronger and fitter climber.
Before starting a Fingerboard Training Plan with us you must:
- Be uninjured
- Be 18 or over
- Unfortunately, if you are pregnant we cannot offer assessment or training services because we aren’t insured for this. If you are currently pregnant please get in touch to discuss.
- Be able to competently use a fingerboard. If not, you should seek instruction at a local wall and complete at least 3 fingerboard sessions prior to starting a plan. You should be able to comfortably hold bodyweight on a 20mm edge.
- Have climbed at least 6b/10+ or V4 in the last year.
- Be solely responsible for execution of the plan. We cannot accept any liability for injury sustained during the plan.
- You must have access to the Crimpd App on either iOS, Android or the website as this contains all the details of each training session.
- You must have an active Crimpd Account prior to submitting your results, so our coaching team can make your plan available to you on the app.
In order to purchase and use a Lattice Fingerboard Training Plan, you will need to be injury free. This means that you currently have no injury which could affect your ability to rock climb or train and have not been advised by a medical professional to cease climbing related activities.
The Lattice Team will be creating training plans based on the understanding that they are working with an uninjured climber. Starting any training, such as a Lattice Fingerboard Training Plan, with an existing injury could result in further injury. If you mislead the Lattice Team regarding any climbing-related injuries, we reserve the right to withhold training services without refund.
Most physical training involves a risk of injury. The Lattice Team will act as training plan consultants in order to help you schedule your training. The team cannot accept responsibility for the application of this training beyond prescription. Advice and guidance will be provided by the team regarding reducing risks, however, you should begin this process only if you are happy with taking responsibility for associated risks. Please see our terms of service for more details.
Please note that your Lattice Fingerboard Training Plan must be used within 6 months of purchase.