Expectations and Satisfaction in Climbing, with Tom Randall and Maddy Cope
In this podcast, Tom and Maddy sit down to talk about the role of expectations and satisfaction in climbing. Both Tom and Maddy have thought about the mindset with respect to their own climbing, and discuss their different approaches. Expectations and satisfaction are linked, and as such it is important to think about and manage our expectations, as well as what we define as a success, especially when trying projects that challenge us. Some the topics discussed in this conversation are;
- Expectations and how they play into climbing
- Expectations as a distraction and fear of falling
- The process of asking yourself honest questions
- Reflection, morphing memories, and having well informed expectations
- The link between expectation and satisfaction
- Exploring what we value in our climbing in order to get the most satisfaction
- Success without sending?
- Sending and satisfaction?
The Lattice jingle is brought to you by Devin Dabney, music producer of the outdoor industry who also hosts the American Climbing Project.