9a in less than 4 years of climbing: Martina Demmel’s story
In today’s podcast Maddy Cope talks to Martina Demmel. Martina started climbing at the age of 15, and is now 20, and despite the fairly short climbing career so far, she has a vast number of hard sport climbs under her belt.
Her sport climbing is characterised by fast ascents and hard onsights, as well as achieving so across many different styles. Last year she climbed her first 9a – Joe Cita – and joined the small club of female climbers that have on sighted 8b+, with her onsight of Humildes pa Casa.
- Martina’s background in skiing and how this translated to climbing
- Building a large pyramid and climbing routes quickly
- Being short and finding your own beta
- Mindset and approach to climbing
- Different ways of approaching outdoor and competitive climbing
The Lattice jingle is brought to you by Devin Dabney, music producer of the outdoor industry who also hosts the American Climbing Project.